#TuesdayDevotion: Hebrews 10:19 – 39
Date: 27th Oct 2020
Can a Christian lose their salvation? According to this passage, yes. If we turn back to sin, there no longer remains a sacrifice in place that covers our sins (vs 26 – 30, 39). Many cultures and religions understand the need for regular blood sacrifices for forgiveness, protection and so on. But as Christians, this came once in the form of Jesus’ crucifixion and is the only way to receive acceptance, forgiveness, healing, deliverance, everything from God. If we intentionally sin, we need to repent and get right with Him as our sin separates us from God. Romans 11:8 talks of a spirit of stupor that comes upon His people who put their trust in things other than God, and as a result cannot hear His voice. That is scary, because it means we become blind to our conditions.
We are exhorted to:
· Approach God (that’s what a relationship is about, spending time together!)
· Approach Him with confidence because we have been made clean by what Jesus did
· Stir up love and good works. This is an intentional, active choice, choosing to love (1 Corinthians 13 – if you need a refresher). We must also ‘stir up’ good works – making effort to go out of our ways to do good.
· Look out for each other.
· Build each other up and encourage each other (not judge, criticize and tear down)
· Meet with other Christians regularly.
· Hold on! No matter what. Hold on, hold fast, stay steady because our God is faithful.
Know that He loves us and welcomes us and is at work in us for our good.